With DirectAdmin, you can manage all your domains independently on the same hosting account. Each website will have its own email accounts, MySQL databases, backups, FTP accounts, redirections, and files separate from the other sites.
DirectAdmin won't set any limits for you when it comes to hosting all your domains.
The web control panel has a multitude of options and professional tools that webmasters often need so that they can control and manage their websites however they like.
Some of the main tools and options that you can find in the panel are domain forwarding, email account creation, FTP, databases, file management, and web statistics.
Simply put DirectAdmin is a very powerful panel and we will name some of the main features of DirectAdmin:
- Easy to learn for beginner to advanced users. A powerful 3-level design (administrator, reseller, and user) allows you to easily switch between access types, all under the same username. Skin layouts can be modified at the click of a button, allowing quick and easy changes to the interface.
- Its speed is superior to any other control panel on the market, making it the number one choice for users who focus exclusively on this area.
- Let the clients - not the software - use your resources. DirectAdmin is an extremely efficient control panel, using minimal system resources. This makes DirectAdmin ideal for systems ranging from low-end VPS units to high-capacity dedicated servers.
- DirectAdmin prevents downtime by automatically recovering from failures and sending notifications to the system administrator for further action. In addition, DirectAdmin is a completely independent control panel. Administrators are free to upgrade/downgrade services, libraries, etc.
- Affordable pricing. DirectAdmin offers several packages to suit both a customer's and a company's capacity.
- Nginx + Apache friendly
- Supports multi PHP.
- Purchase a License from DirectAdmin. On their website, there is a 60-day trial available for testing purposes. Choose what you need according to your taste and project requirements.
- Go to your DirectAdmin client area via browser and check that your license is really valid, otherwise the installation process might be stuck.
- Proceed with the installation by connecting to your Debian server via SSH using Putty or any suitable software. The credentials must be in the welcome email from BlueVPS after you have bought a VPS.
- Write down as a root user in the terminal these commands to start the installation of pre-required software:
# apt install wget gcc g++ make flex bison openssl libssl-dev \
- Download and run the DirectAdmin installation script:
# bash <(curl -Ss https://www.directadmin.com/setup.sh) auto
The installation should be complete. But wait there is more!
Connect to your new DirectAdmin server at default port 2222 via browser to initiate the configuration process. Obviously, change the IP to the one you have right now.
Disclaimer: In order to complete the next steps you need to connect to your server via SSH.
How to enable Let's Encrypt SSL?
$ /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/letsencrypt.sh request_single yourbest bluvpsserver.example.com 4096
non-SSL requests should be redirected to the freshly created SSL protected hostname:
$ /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set ssl_redirect_host yourbestbluevpsserver.example.com
Add dangerous PHP functions that can harm your server and websites to the disable_functions list:
$ cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
Implement complex passwords in the directadmin.conf file:
$ echo 'enforce_difficult_passwords=1' >> /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf
There you have it! In conclusion, DirectAdmin is one of the most optimizable control panels on the market, very stable, and has a "zero" chance of failure. Folks, don’t forget that you can order a pre-installed DirecAdmin when buying a VPS from BlueVPS. If you have certain questions about the installation process, let our team know. We are here to help!